On of the best things in life is making a healthy dessert that not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also is made of real healthy ingredients and is nutritious as well!
Here is a recipe that does just that. If you are a chocolate lover and you like bananas then this is for you.
- 1 large free range egg
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tablespoons pure almond butter
- 1 cup organic almond flour
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut flour
- 1/4 cup pure organic Cacao Powder
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup date sugar or coconut sugar or Rapadura sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup crushed unsalted hazelnuts and dark chocolate chips or Cacao Chips
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and prepare a bread pan with a teaspoon coconut oil.
Place the mashed bananas, date sugar, almond butter and egg in a blender or food processor and blend until super smooth. You can also use mix it by hand which is my favorite way of doing it to get in some arm power!
Add in the almond and coconut flour, cacao powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and Himalayan salt and blend/pulse slightly until combined. Shouldn’t take more than a few seconds!
Pour into your prepared bread pan and top with the crushed hazelnuts and cacao chips.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for five minutes before removing from the bread pan and let it completely cool down before slicing.
The hazelnuts come out so nice and crunchy and with the soft chocolaty banana bread, the combination is just amazing and tastes delicious!