This banana bread is moist, delicious and super healthy! It’s made with whole wheat flour and naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup and you can easily make it gluten free or vegan. Add in chocolate chips for a guilt free dessert option!
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup – reduce to 1/4 if adding chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium or 2 large bananas)
- ¼ cup milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups regular whole wheat flour
- Optional: ½ cup chopped walnuts and/or chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and prepare a 9-inch loaf pan.
Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately then fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
Add chocolate chips and/or crushed walnuts if desired and mix into batter.
Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan slice and enjoy.
To make it vegan, use maple syrup instead of honey, replace the eggs with flax eggs. For dairy free, choose non-dairy milk (like almond milk) or water. To make it gluten free use gluten free flour or or 2 ½ cups gluten-free oat flour.